Bethnal Green congregation
Approach Road, Bethnal Green,
Church Stewards: Glenda Adams 0203 648 2148, Harriet Graham Mensa 0208 983 0684
Minister: Rev'd John Hayes – Tel: 07531 243327 email
Please direct all booking enquiries to the Circuit Office: 020 8880 7301
Sunday Service 11.00 each week
Sunday 25th November. Sharing with our neighbours at Bethnal Green
We were delighted to welcome Mohammed Akhlaque Ahmed, President of the Thames Muslim Society, and other members who meet at the Bishops Way Islamic Centre to our service. Our visitors were very happy to be there and were delighted especially with our prayers and our concerns for other people and the world. We hope to talk more about how we might work together to help in our community.
Tuesdays 7pm in the Manse Advent study group.
Tuesday 18th December from 3:30pm: Candlelight Carols in the Community
At the entrance to the Church. Singing your favourite carols with seasonal refreshments - wrap up warm!
Sunday 23rd December: Circuit Carol Service at Bow Church, 6pm
Christmas Day: Service at 10.00
Decisions of the Tower Hamlets Circuit Invitation Committee
* IT was agreed that the Rev'd John Hayes become superintendent minister from September 2019
* IT was agreed that application be made for a Deacon to serve in the circuit from September 2019
* IT was agreed that two part-time Local Pastors be appointed to serve at Bow Road and Poplar churches
* IT was agreed that a part-time circuit Families Worker and a part-time circuit Children and Young Peoples Worker be appointed
* IT was agreed that, if possible, the Local Pastors, Families Worker and Children and Young Peoples Worker should start in early 2019
Ongoing 150th anniversary celebrations
Rev'd John Hayes reflects on the anniversary week-end:
On behalf of everyone at Bethnal Green Methodist Church I want to say a big thank you to all those who helped in any way to make our 150th Anniversary Weekend a very special occasion.
I was really pleased to see so many people involved and having a great time in the glorious sunshine.
In our service on Sunday it was a real blessing to have all our churches meeting together, and to welcome so many people as guests, not least our local MP Rushanara Ali, and some of our local councillors; Sirajul Islam, Gabriela Salva Macallan, Eve McQuillan, Kevin Brady.
Zacchaeus Project runs daily. All most welcome, always