Bethnal Green congregation
Approach Road, Bethnal Green,
Church Stewards: Glenda Adams 0203 648 2148, Harriet Graham Mensa 0208 983 0684
Minister: Rev'd John Hayes – Tel: 07531 243327 email
Please direct all booking enquiries to the Circuit Office: 020 8880 7301
Sunday Service 11.00 each week
Ongoing 150th anniversary celebrations
Rev'd John Hayes reflects on the anniversary week-end:
On behalf of everyone at Bethnal Green Methodist Church I want to say a big thank you to all those who helped in any way to make our 150th Anniversary Weekend a very special occasion.
I was really pleased to see so many people involved and having a great time in the glorious sunshine.
In our service on Sunday it was a real blessing to have all our churches meeting together, and to welcome so many people as guests, not least our local MP Rushanara Ali, and some of our local councillors; Sirajul Islam, Gabriela Salva Macallan, Eve McQuillan, Kevin Brady.
Decisions of the Tower Hamlets Circuit Invitation Committee
* IT was agreed that the Rev'd John Hayes become superintendent minister from September 2019
* IT was agreed that application be made for a Deacon to serve in the circuit from September 2019
* IT was agreed that two part-time Local Pastors be appointed to serve at Bow Road and Poplar churches
* IT was agreed that a part-time circuit Families Worker and a part-time circuit Children and Young Peoples Worker be appointed
* IT was agreed that, if possible, the Local Pastors, Families Worker and Children and Young Peoples Worker should start in early 2019
Zacchaeus Project runs daily. All most welcome, always