Bethnal Green congregation
Approach Road, Bethnal Green,
Church Stewards: Glenda Adams 0203 648 2148, Harriet Graham Mensa 0208 983 0684
Minister: Rev'd John Hayes – Tel: 07531 243327 email
Please direct all booking enquiries to the Circuit Office: 020 8880 7301
Sunday Service 11.00 each week
The service on Sunday, November 11th takes the form of a church meeting as part of our morning worship, to share with each other and God about where we are in our faith journey together. We take seriously our call to remember all those who have suffered (and still are suffering through conflict) and use this to reflect on our own responses to where God is calling us to be as a church community.
Afternoon service on 11/11 at 4pm; Remember a Life and give thanks.
Sunday 18th November. Circuit invited to Whitechapel Mission service at 3pm
Sunday 9th December – 2:00pm
Shuffles School of Dance (hour-long) Show,
Members of the Shuffles School of Dance group will be performing some of their latest dance routines to help raise money for church funds.
Tickets are £5 Adults £2 Young People, Under 10’s free; includes refreshments
Sunday 23rd December: Circuit Carol Service at Bow Church, 6pm
Decisions of the Tower Hamlets Circuit Invitation Committee
* IT was agreed that the Rev'd John Hayes become superintendent minister from September 2019
* IT was agreed that application be made for a Deacon to serve in the circuit from September 2019
* IT was agreed that two part-time Local Pastors be appointed to serve at Bow Road and Poplar churches
* IT was agreed that a part-time circuit Families Worker and a part-time circuit Children and Young Peoples Worker be appointed
* IT was agreed that, if possible, the Local Pastors, Families Worker and Children and Young Peoples Worker should start in early 2019
Ongoing 150th anniversary celebrations
Rev'd John Hayes reflects on the anniversary week-end:
On behalf of everyone at Bethnal Green Methodist Church I want to say a big thank you to all those who helped in any way to make our 150th Anniversary Weekend a very special occasion.
I was really pleased to see so many people involved and having a great time in the glorious sunshine.
In our service on Sunday it was a real blessing to have all our churches meeting together, and to welcome so many people as guests, not least our local MP Rushanara Ali, and some of our local councillors; Sirajul Islam, Gabriela Salva Macallan, Eve McQuillan, Kevin Brady.
Zacchaeus Project runs daily. All most welcome, always