Poplar Methodist Church meets in The Emery Hall, Annabel Close,
London E14 6DP
The entrance is to the side of the Queen Victoria Seamen’s Rest – The Methodist Church’s Mission to Seafarers, celebrating 175 years of service
The circuit is supporting the Queen Victoria Seamen’s Rest in the cost of providing new doors into the Emery Hall where the Poplar congregation hold their services. (July 2019)
Senior Steward: Mr John Singleton Office Tel. 020 8980 3745 e-mail.
Superintendent Minister: Rev'd John Hayes
The congregation meets for Sunday worship at 11.00. All most welcome
THE QVSR has reserved the chapel for the fortnightly Poplar Prayer Group
- to which anyone from around the circuit is invited.
Friday evenings 7 pm
Next meetings 29th November.
An afternoon Coffee Club is being held by the church in the QVSR cafeteria on the first Monday of each month from 2.30. All welcome.
Advent series of reflections:
Friday 6th Dec 18.00
Friday 13th Dec 19.00
Friday 20th Dec 19.00
Tuesday 10th December 7.30pm Carol Service at QVSR, Poplar.
Sunday 22nd December, 6pm Circuit Carol Service here at Poplar
Christmas Day Service: 1030 am
The congregation at Poplar have committed themselves to finding ways in which we can grow in our faith and find ways to serve the wider community in response to God’s love for us. At the heart of that renewed commitment is a desire to be energised by faith.
We have committed ourselves to:
• Providing every member of the congregation with devotional material so that no matter where we are on each day, we will be joined together in study, reflection and prayer.
• To use Sunday differently, making use of a more interactive style of worship that will encourage a greater sense of commitment and sense of belonging.
• Encouraging members to share in worship something of the way God is at work in their lives through either testimony or interview.
• By ensuring that there is always time in worship for the sharing of news, the joining together in celebration and the focusing on issues of concern whether they be, personal, local, national or international
Children and young people
Poplar Methodist Church is greatly blessed in having a strong and committed group of children and young people who attend on Sunday. These young people have a strong sense of commitment to each other and their Sunday group activities are an important part of their commitment to Jesus and supporting their growing faith.